From very early pregnancy towards the anomaly scan, ultrasounds make sure that your infant is developing since it should always be. We glance at the routine scans you can expect in the NHS and exactly what extra choices can be obtained independently.
Place us to your test
Our Test Labs compare features and costs on a variety of items. Take to Which? To unlock our reviews. You will immediately manage to compare our test ratings, in order to ensure you do not get stuck having a do not purchase.
What exactly is a scan that is ultrasound?
When you’re for a maternity scan, the sonographer (a professional competed in ultrasound scans) sets ultrasound gel on your tummy after which moves a handheld probe across the skin. Whilst the gel may be described as a bit cool, the scans are entirely painless.
The probe delivers away ultrasound waves – sound waves by having a regularity more than the ear that is human able to hear – to produce pictures of one’s infant, that the sonographer studies for a display.
Ultrasound scans in maternity have actually a few purposes:
- They look at your baby’s size and, during the early maternity dating scan, help calculate your deadline.
- They monitor whether your child is growing typically.
- They check whether you’re having one child, twins or even more.
- They are able to identify some abnormalities.
- They are able to show when you have a lot of or not enough fluid that is amniotic. Read more